And on a much cheerier note than the last post I have been nominated for a Beautiful Blogger Award by the lovely writer, Jen Bee. She is called Jen, writes and likes tea. What's not to like?
The idea of the Beautiful Blogger Awards is that (and please correct me if I'm wrong) you reveal 7 interesting things about yourself and nominate 15 other people for the award. This is a great way of discovering blogs by other people you might want to hang out with in PiskieWebLand.
Seven interesting things about me:
1) I worked in Australia doing conservation work and travelling for 9 months. I have also volunteered with BTCV in the UK and am the proud holder of a Grade 1 tree felling and Grade 1 hedge laying certificate. We were filmed by the Oz version of the Really Wild Show planting trees with school children, my TV debut.
2) I like pretty much all food except for gherkins, which are the devil's food. I think that's fair enough.
3) I can say many pointless things in Latin, such as agricola taurum fugat ('the farmer chases the bull') and juvenes adeste ('come, young men', interestingly enough also the first line of my school's song, despite it's ethos of teaching only young ladies)
4) At one time I was a project manager for local government.
5) I have also worked as a pancake chef, a mortgage underwriter, Lipton Ice Tea promotion girl (handing out free samples whilst wearing a silly costume), farm worker, and have run my own business as a Small Business Consultant.
6) I think degenerate Piskies run the internet from a cave in Cornwall. These are not to be confused with Pixies, who run everything else.
7) My father-in-law is a puppeteer and my step-sister is a trapeeze artist.
And 15 beautiful bloggers are:
Nik Perring - Nik's Blog
Tania Hershman - Tania Writes
Oonah V. Joslin - Oonahverse
Sarah Hilary - Crawl Space
Sydney T. Cat - Bad Agent Sydney T. Cat
Miss Elliott - Miss Elliott's Fascinating English Blog
Avis Hickman-Gibbs - This Bird's Eyeview
... I'm not going to do 15 I've decided because 15 squared, cubed etc soon becomes exponential and there won't be anyone else left! So look at my links on the side for other informative blogs.