Tuesday 19 April 2011

Brave New Worlds: Dystopian Stories

I came across a link to this anthology of 33 dystopian stories edited by John Joseph Adams and had to add it to my little virtual shopping basket.

In their words:
"Brave New Worlds
collects 33 of the best tales of totalitarian menace by some of today’s most visionary writers."
It includes stories by Neil Gaiman, Orson Scott Card, Kim Stanley Robinson, Ray Bradbury, Philip K. Dick and Ursula K. Le Guin.

I'm practically pawing at the letterbox waiting for my parcel now, although to be honest, I'd have bought it for the cover alone.

5 comments:

Tania Hershman said...

Ooh, sounds very interesting! Let me know if you'd like to review it for The Short Review...

John said...

Jennifer:
Wild Child Publishing just released my dystopian thriller Against Nature. I think it's available at Amazon in the UK. You should check it out. It might be something you'd enjoy. You can find it at www.wildchildpublishing.com

I enjoy your blog!

Jenzarina said...

Sounds good, John. Get in touch on Twitter and I'll give it a plug :)

Jessica said...

ooo - I saw this the other day on another website - v.v.v tempted!

Jenzarina said...

It's very good, Jessica - I'm about halfway through and each story has been very different but all excellent.